Ultra-distressed china hutch - SOLD

Oh. My. Oh. My. Oh. My. Where to begin with this one?! This might be my absolute. favorite. piece. e.v.e.r.
I picked up this awesome vintage china hutch about a year ago and have been back and forth on how to finish it ever since. Aqua? Rustic Red? White? Chalk paint? No chalk paint? Distressed? Lacquered?



I finally buckled down and decided on a classic heirloom white and hours and hours AND HOURS of distressing this baby. I didn't want this one to have a subtle rub-through distressing like so many of my other pieces. I wanted this to look like it had been through the wringer with years of wear.

Even if I tried, I don't think I could begin to explain how much I LOVE how this turned out.
So... without further adieu....here are the details!

I painted the whole thing heirloom white and distressed the heck out of it... (as mentioned above). Then I installed wainscoting in the back of the upper cabinet, painted and glazed it.
(Predictable? Perhaps.)

The upper doors received chicken wire (because let's be real...who doesn't love a little chicken wire?)

The lower doors are lined with authentic vintage coffee sack burlap. Complete with the original printing on the bags.
Amazing?
Yes!
.....You go to Homegoods or Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware where they try to create these authentic-looking-pieces and use crappy burlap and made-to-look-old-finishes as an effect. Your hutch will have these details in their original form. Not many people can say that!
The knobs and pulls were just too charming to replace and went perfectly so you also get that original touch.
Your heart will literally flutter when you see this thing in person. My husband keeps hinting at keeping it... and I have to say, the thought has crossed my mind so many times. Ultimately, the joy that I get from seeing a piece like this in a client's home FAR outweighs the gratification of keeping it in mine. So come on! Who wants it?
I know this piece will not last long and so many of you email me constantly saying how sad you are that "such-and-such" a piece sold so fast... so don't miss this opportunity!


Delivery is $40 to most of the metro area. 











Let's chat. oliveandhazel {at} outlook {dot} com.

No comments:

Post a Comment