New Family Members!

Wow! It's been a while since I've had the time to post! This past week has certainly been busy. I've parted ways with many of my favorite pieces... and I am so happy that the people who have bought them, love them as much as I do! There's nothing better than hearing from happy customers!



So the garage began to look a little bare. {Husband = Happy}. I started to feel like what I imagine empty nester's feel like when their kids go off to college... {well, not really} But a little bit. What's a girl to do? 

After a few daily trips to my favorite stores and perusing my favorite furniture websites until 1:00 in the morning, I found the next round of candidates to fill the empty spaces in the garage! And to think that we were so close to being able to park in there again! ;)  

I've received many emails and questions recently about "before" & "during" pictures of the pieces that you've all seen on here! Afterall, this is supposed to be a DIY design blog, right? I'll be uploading before photos of the pieces that are already up {or sold} shortly! Stay tuned and be sure to scroll down to past posts to see these cool photos! 

But this got the wheels turning and I made sure to take LOTS of photos of the new Family members ;) The only problem with showing the BEFORE pictures before showing the AFTER pictures, {does that make sense?} is that not everybody can picture what I plan to do with the piece. So you really have to trust that it will look amazing afterwards, because let me tell you... they aren't always pretty before they get the Laura treatment.

Without further adieu.... {by the way, doesn't it drive you crazy when people write 'ado'?!}
.....here are the newbie's. I am in love.... 

Awesome highboy Dresser:

 The ugliest (and soon-to-be cutest) Magazine rack in the universe:

 Gorgeous solid oak pedestal table base:
 I just looove the grooves and carving in the base. Any detail like this makes distressing furniture such a fun process. I plan to paint it aqua, distress everything, then mix up a glaze to settle into all of these cool carved crevices.

 Another pedestal table base:
This is kind of just "meh". A few coats of paint and some fun distressing techniques will give this one new life.
 And my new favorite... This awesome antique sewing cabinet! The legs are amazing. Such ornate detail. And I LOVE the trim on the door and it's cute little knob. Can't wait to see how this one turns out!


That's all for now. This is only about 1/4th of the new inventory.... so stay tuned for more photos and of course, tutorials!

Happy Monday, Everyone!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment