Custom Dresser for Jennifer! - SOLD

Sorry, my friends, this one was off the market before it even landed in this post! 


This gives me a grand opportunity for a shameless plug about our custom design services :) 
It all started with these two gorgeous aqua distressed dressers.... remember these? I received overwhelming interest in them... lot's of inquiries, a few no-show's later and finally, a taker... Jen came along. She loved the color and the distressing! She planned to put them in her office-turned-wardrobe-room as a stylish way to store her clothing. After lots of consideration, she started to get concerned that the dressers wouldn't be quite big enough to house her wardrobe and asked if I had anything else in the works that might be larger. 



Tangent: In case you don't know me.... I always have something in the works. In fact, a whole entire garage full of something-in-the-works. Just ask my husband! ;) I'm sure he just loooooves his big ol' garage full of furniture. (Bless his heart, his patience and his excitement and support of my ever-evolving business ventures.)

 Now back to Jen: After hearing a little about her style and what she loved about the original aqua dressers, I sent over a couple photos of the piece I had in mind for her. 




It was a match! She was able to look beyond the ugly and try to envision the finished product.

I began working on it... and literally fell in love after each step in the process. 

Here it is after the final coat of paint had dried, before I began distressing it and after my need-for-instant-gratification took over and I put the hardware back on, *just* so I could see how it looked :) 



LOVE IT!

Next up... removing the hardware again and distressing it!

 
 Pretty isn't it??

Finally, after a couple coats of poly and replacing the hardware *one last time*.... 
Voila!








And now, as promised, my shameless plug: Are you in need of a specific piece of furniture for your home? We do custom work at no extra charge! Just let me know what you're looking for and we'll go from there! I'm sure we have something that we can customize to fit your style! 

No comments:

Post a Comment