Good-bye, rock...

....hello 21'st century!

Today, something amazing happened. I got a late morning "I love you" text from my wonderful hubby, followed by an equally-exciting text that reminded me to "listen for the doorbell when it rings" because we have something very special arriving in the mail and it needs my signature. Yep. The iphone 5 came today! The texts from the hubby were just an added bonus. Trust me, I've been anticipating this day for a very, very, very, VERY long time.


It all began when we moved into our first home. I had AT&T which really stinks to begin with and after moving, stunk even worse! As a small business owner, it's vital that I am easy to get a hold of at all times. Once upon a time, 5 or so years ago... {in the dark ages} Blackberry was completely sufficient for that. Nowadays, not-so-much!

I wasn't getting calls inside the house... which is ridiculous because my office is inside the house. We don't have a landline, because really, who does anymore? So for the past year and a half that we've been here, I can't tell you how many calls and texts I've missed because of crappy AT&T and it's crappy BFF, Blackberry.

Then the Blackberry itself! It started fading (literally) about a month ago. The screen just fades to white whenever I touch it and stays completely white until I pull the battery and reboot. Let me tell you, it's frustrating... so frustrating that I've just begun blaming blackberry in general for all of my problems. It doesn't matter what the problem is, exactly... I could accidentally burn something on the stove and I'll find a way to argue that Blackberry did it. {this has made for some interesting conversations between the hubby and I}

In short, I've simply been living under a rock for the past couple of years. TODAY, that rock is for sale! :)

I can't wait to get this new iphone started up and rolling! I don't think I can quite fathom the increase in efficiency and productivity that is about to occur in my life! I've heard you can even blog from this thing! And is it true that there's a craiglist app? And don't even get me started on "Words with friends". I've been jealously missing out on the "words with friends" fun for the past couple years too. {just my luck, "words with friends" will no longer be cool right as I'm jumping on the bandwagon!}

As my sister-in-law put it a few weeks back in response to a post about my newly-found-love for "Mumford & Sons":

{I think it went something like....}

ME, via Facebook: "Mumford & Sons.....their music is intoxicating. Where have they been all my life?! How did I not know who they were until tonight? LOVE."
 
HER (the next day at Family Dinner): "Have you heard of craigslist? Because you should really sell that rock you've been living under for the past few years"

So here goes!
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/for/3375157615.html

Interested in buying, just reply to the ad or write me a comment. In full disclosure, I think the rock is worth more than the Blackberry, but you never know what people are willing to pay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment