FOR SALE: Antique "Pateks Special" Treadle Sewing Machine & Cabinet - Make an offer!

UPDATE: Still for sale, make me an offer! No reasonable offer will be refused!
Hello there! Today it's in the 20's and definitely too cold to be out in the garage painting so I started reorganizing my stock of soon-to-be-worked-on furniture pieces. I almost forgot about this incredibly amazing piece of history. 

 I've had it hanging around for the longest time and every time I look at it, I smile. It is beautiful and in great shape. It is just amazing how much attention to detailed was paid to this piece when it was created. I wish they made them like this these days!

I've tried to get inspired with a cool design or repurpose project for this piece, but every time I would consider moving forward with a plan, something stopped me. I think in the end this is just too beautiful on it's own to be painted or revamped, so I've decided to sell it as it is: Beautiful.

I love the industrial iron legs and treadle. The gorgeous wood is in excellent shape and the drawers have very ornate carvings on them.

This piece would be amazing in a foyer as a console table, in a dining room as a buffet or even as an industrial side table in a living room. It's just lovely... and why buy replica "throwbacks" from places like restoration hardware, when you can own the original with all the charm and patina!?




Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment