The ugliest coffee table in the world: Part II

So remember my post a while back on the ugliest coffee table in the world? It is finally done and I am SO excited to share how it turned out!

The hubby and I love it... it really just pulls the room together and the stained top turned out surprisingly well for a couple of first-timers! Bella, our wonderfully lazy Golden Retriever, is certainly the coffee table's biggest fan though. It's turned out to be her favorite new place to nap in our Family Room. In fact, when I was trying to snap a few photos of the finished product, she was so comfy that she wouldn't budge... so I guess seeing her enjoy it is just an added bonus!




LOVE the legs!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this table! First off where did you find the ugly piece to start off? I have been searching for something just like it with no luck in the South metro. Also, where have you had luck finding old vintage frames, mirrors? I am putting together our nursery and want it to be shabby chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Texsotan!
    Your nursery idea sounds ADORABLE! :)
    We found this one at the Salvation Army. They have a lot of great, practically new stuff, but it's really hit or miss. We also frequent the Goodwill and a place called "Hands of Friendship" in New Prague (although, it's seriously like a hoarder house... you have to go in with a good attitude and a lot of patience!)
    As for the mirrors and frames, I normally get lucky at flea markets and garage sales during the summer. They are much harder to find, unfortunately.
    Hope that helps! Be sure to post pictures when you finish your nursery! I'd love to see it :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete